Austin has a number of small to large-scale studio facilities, conveniently located close to downtown and ready to house productions. These complexes offer a range of stages, office space, amenities and support services to meet the needs of big feature film and television productions.
9201 Brown Ln, #201, Austin, TX 78754
Aduro Studios and Film is a full service production facility in North Austin, 15 minutes from downtown. Aduro offers truck, lighting, grip and camera rentals as well as studio rentals and office space.
- Stages: 2,000 sq. ft. of stage area with fully pre-lit cyc wall - no rigging required. Bay door for load-in (fits vehicles), quiet AC and sound treated ceiling/walls.
- On-site: Office with video feed, green/conference room with video feed, kitchen, and wardrobe room.
- Gated parking lot (fits 20 vehicles) and surface lot for overflow parking.
- Grip and Electric on-site with rental amenities including truck and customized equipment packages.
5330 Fleming Court, Austin, TX 78744
ATX Studios is a full service film and entertainment studio complex with office space, located 10 minutes from downtown Austin and 5 minutes from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. ATX Studios is a private and secure facility equipped for large-scale production of film and television.
- Stages: 90,000 sq. ft. of space separated into 3 studio stages with 28'-33' ceilings, 11 truck bays and a mill area
- Office: 15,000 sq. ft. of production office space
- Backlot: 5 acres for staging and construction
- Parking: Large adjacent lot includes 175-spots
AUSTIN MOVIE GEAR - STUDIO SPACE
8711 Burnet Rd, Ste F-73, Austin, TX 78757
The Austin Movie Gear Studios is an extension of Austin Movie Gear rentals. The space is great for photo and video shoots, private screenings, rehearsals/auditions, and production meetings. On-site rentals are also available to handle all your lighting and camera equipment needs.
- Stages: 800 sq. ft. space
- Includes use of venue tables, chairs and corner kitchenette
Christian Rousseau, Studio Manager
1143 Northwestern Ave, Austin, TX 78702
Austin Public is a 7,000 sq. ft. production facility located near downtown that can accommodate film and video production, meetings, performances and screenings. The space features two soundproof, climate-controlled production studios and a large conference room.
- Studio 1: 1,200 sq. ft. space with LED lighting grid and a cyc wall (20x10 ft.)
- Studio 2: 360 sq. ft. space with LED fixtures and a green backdrop (8x10 ft.)
- Additional on-site spaces include post-production suites, a large parking lot & loading dock.
AUSTIN SCHOOL OF FILM - MEDIA STUDIO
2200 Tillery Street, Austin, TX 78723
Austin School of Film is centrally located in East Austin, providing the community with a budget friendly alternative for events, exhibitions, festivals, productions and more.
- 14,000 sq. ft. of multi-use arts space including small studios and a large open media center with furniture.
- Private production office spaces available for rent, perfect for post.
- Amenities like kitchen, conference rooms, on-site gear rental and parking.
Carrie Cates, Art/Community Director
AUSTIN STUDIO RENTAL
916 Springdale Rd, #107, Austin, TX 78702
Austin Studio Rental studio is fully equipped for photography and video production with a variety of backdrops and both green and white built-in cyc wall. Be it commercial or fashion photography or green screen video, you’ll find an accommodating space ready for production.
- Stage: 560 sq. ft. stage and 16 x 20 foot cyc wall
- Office: 1040 sq. ft. office and client area
1901 E. 51st Street, Austin, TX 78723
Austin Studios is a 20-acre film and creative media production complex located in central Austin. Austin Studios’ production facilities currently feature two sound stages. The lot is also home to production vendors like Chapman Leonard Studio Equipment and MPS Camera.
- Stage 3: 12,525 sq. ft. studio space with an 87 ft. cyc wall & 230 sq. ft. of office space
- Stage 7: 13,775 sq. ft. studio space with 26’ ceilings
- Backlot: Large tarmac staging area for base camp, set construction, and parking
Chris Engberg, Studio Manager
CASTLEVIEW PRODUCTIONS STUDIO SPACE
1100 W 41st St Austin, TX 78756
Castleview Productions’ Studio is a professional soundstage with a homey ambience for photography, film, and video production. Located in central Austin, just 10 minutes from downtown Austin and 20 minutes from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Tungsten and fluorescent lighting kits available.
- 460 sq. ft. studio with 13’ 6” x 9’ 6” cyc wall
- 9’ 6” high lighting grid spanning entire stage
- Easy load-in access (10’ wide)
- Also available: green room, work space, parking, wifi, & kitchen with stocked fridge
271 Sports Park Rd, Dripping Springs, TX 78620
Caster Studios is a Pre-Lit Cyclorama stage. Located 30min west from downtown Austin. Caster Studios offers production office space, client lounge, makeup room and storage. A 5,000 sq. ft. professional space for video and photography productions.
- 2,800 sq. ft. 32’ x 28’ shooting stage with three hard cyc walls under a 19’ High full grid.
- Stage is pre-lit with 6 space lights controlled by a DMX board.
- Private office space, kitchen and furnished lounge areas.
- Acoustically-treated walls, 12x12 bay door and scissor lift.
1515 Dungan Lane, Suite 200, Austin, TX 78754
CYC Studios is the ideal studio for photography, music videos, fashion shoots, corporate commercials, and organization events located 10 minutes northeast of downtown.
- 1,200 sq. ft stage with 30’ W x 40’ L x 12’ H corner cyclorama
- Twelve 22,000 Lumen LED house lights. Daylight balanced. 20’ x 20’ custom speed rail grid.
- Drive-on capability via loading bay. HVAC central heating and A/C.
- 800 additional sq. ft of studio space with two full-sized unisex bathrooms.
1500 East 4th Street, Austin, TX 78702
Distribution Hall a large air conditioned warehouse space, open-air hanger, and a beautiful outdoor courtyard, Distribution Hall offers productions the perfect stage space for photography, film, and video production less than a mile from downtown on Austin's east side.
- 6,300 sq. ft. studio, 12 ft. to the beams, with cyc wall
- 2,800 hanger with a mill
- Scenic courtyard and on-site parking lot.
- Add-ons include: Audio Recording Suite, Dressing Suite green room, Media Lab for post/offices.
OMEGA BROADCAST & CINEMA STUDIO
817 W Howard Ln, Austin, TX 78753
Whether it is a green screen studio shoot, or filming on location with a state of the art Reflecmedia media kit, you can count on a clean key on the Omega stages. Full day or half day rentals available. Also available for rent is the on-site production suite for post-production.
- Stage: 1600 sq. ft. of studio space with a 40 foot cyc wall section and full rigging/lighting grid at 11ft.
- Large rolling bay door for easy loading in/out
- Production offices with Wi-Fi and phone
- Also available: kitchenette, private green room with make-up and wardrobe room
Enrique Garcia, Studio Manager
718 Northwestern Ave, Austin, TX 78702
Originator Studios is a professionally soundproofed soundstage with lowering lighting grid. Located minutes from downtown in East Austin, this is the perfect space for video production, motion control, VR & photography.
- Stage: 800 ft. shooting stage is composed of two hard cyc walls under a 16' ceiling
- 5-ton capacity welded grid that raises & lowers
- Acoustically-treated walls and 10x10 double doors for easy load-in
- Additional office/flex space and kitchen available.
701 Tillery St #5, Austin, TX 78702
The Picturebox studio features shooting stage with 140 dedicated amps of power. We have a permanent cyc wall. On-site light and grip package rentals are also available to handle all your studio shooting needs.
- Stages: 1,400 (39’x36’) sq. ft. space with a permanent cyc wall — 20 feet wide and 11 feet tall.
- Also available: separate green room for makeup and wardrobe
220 E 4th Street, Taylor, Texas 76574
Renegade Studios offers an affordable and dynamic soundstage with a friendly staff that is geared to help filmmakers bring their vision to life. Located in Taylor, just 35 minutes north east of Austin, Renegade Studios also offers on-site gear rental, production office spaces and an on-site mill space to maximize your production value with set and prop creation.
- 2,500 sq. ft. stage with 65x17” pre-lit cyc wall.
- 2,500 sq. ft. office space, 1135 sq. ft. full kitchen/break area & 680 sq. ft. furnished green room
- 350 sq. ft. conference room for production meetings
- 5,500 sq. ft. on-site mill/warehouse space
ST. ELMO SOUNDSTAGE
415 E St Elmo Rd, Austin, TX 78745
St. Elmo Soundstage offers filmmakers a professional atmosphere makes it easy bring their visions to life. Just south of downtown, St. Elmo has an extensive in-house lighting setup, partnerships with several gear rental houses, and an on-site carpentry/metal shop for prop and stage fabrication.
- 2,100 sq. ft. stage with 30” cyc wall joints and a 25 ft. wide pre-lit green screen.
- 300 sq. ft. office space, 150 sq. ft. kitchen & 350 sq. ft. furnished green room
- 650 cubic foot locking equipment cage and a load-in bay
- Two 100 sq. ft. acoustically insulated chambers
STUDIOS 969 (formerly New Republic Studios)
140 Utley Road, Utley, TX 78621
Studios 969 is a production facility located 30 minutes from downtown Austin, Texas and 20 minutes from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Equipped with 3 sound stages, backlot, production offices, plenty of parking for base camp and spacious RV Park with full utility hook-ups.
- Building A: 3,000 sq. ft. construction mill
- Building B: 6,500 sq. ft. Sound Stage with a 24' x 100' cyc wall with hair & makeup, green room, conference room and commissary.
- Building C: 2,400 sq. ft. Sound Stage and 1,200 sq. ft. sound stage with additional office space and kitchenette.
- Backlot: With 165 acres of wilderness, creeks, high plains / low plains and a cabin set along the Colorado River.
4900 Old Manor Road, Austin, TX 78723
Troublemaker’s location offers a private, enclosed production facility, situated in the heart of central Austin. The studios are located 10 minutes from downtown, 15 minutes from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and are accessible 24 hours a day via on-site security.
- Stage 1: 9,460 sq. ft. studio space with green screen wall, full grid & air-conditioning
- Stage 2: 14,000 sq. ft. studio space with 20' ceilings and soundproofing
- Mill Space: 14,000 sq. ft. shop with dust collection and fiber-glassing area
- Office Space: Over 10,000 sq. ft. office & storage space with 8 acres of tarmac staging area
Nixon Guerrero, Studio Manager
8711 Burnet Rd, Ste. F-63-64, Austin, TX 78757
Vivian is a full-service photography and video production studio located in north Austin, Texas. Vivian's Studio provides the perfect space for project coordination and fabrication as well as digital content creation and editing. The resources for your creative needs are all under one roof, including on-site transportation and gear rental.
- Production space with conference room, office and kitchen.
- Studio space includes pre-lit 18 ft. wide cyc wall, 12 ft. tall, 26 ft. deep.
- Grid has 110 & 220 outlets. Cyc is painted white or chroma green. Stage has bay door for easy load-in
Tim Hoppock, Studio Manager